Downtown Dallas, Inc. is seeking a full‐time administrator to provide organizational administrative and communications support for the office, team, and special projects.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years related experience. Knowledge of administrative and general accounting principles is preferred, as well as proficiency using Microsoft Office. He or she is detail-oriented and skilled in time management. The ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, stakeholders, board members, and others outside of the organization is required.
Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Drafting and editing text for professional internal and external documents is an important responsibility of this position. He or she must have the ability to use standard proofreading marks and excellent knowledge of grammar and style. Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite is a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the company’s lobby area. Greets and directs all visitors, including vendors, members, and stakeholders. Handles incoming calls and operates switchboard.
- Coordinates office conference room calendars and manages various meeting/in-office event coordination and preparation, as needed.
- Provides general administrative support as needed for management staff including catering, printing, copying, audio-visual, etc. for meetings.
- External & Internal Communications:
- Coordinates and manages executive communication, including official letters or emails sent on behalf of executive management to internal or external parties, including elected officials.
- Some creation and editing of documents to ensure proper grammar, spelling, syntax, and style.
- Manages Downtown Emergency Response Team (DERT) communications coordination, including creating messages and managing the database.
- Coordinates Board of Directors and Public Improvement District reports.
- Information Management:
- Conducts research and gathers documentation in order to compile comprehensive reports.
- Input of information quickly and accurately into databases (i.e. Cvent and CRM).
- Manages employee external involvement list to ensure that DDI is represented throughout the community.
- Board Administration:
- Keeps all meeting minutes.
- Leads Efforts to Plan Team Building and Educational Events and Activities:
- Holiday parties, birthdays, etc.
- Partner organizations or city trips (i.e. Deep Ellum monthly meet up, bi-monthly team walks, day trips to various cities with downtown associations for best practices)
- Manages intern program, including the Safety Patrol intern and the Mayor’s Internship Program intern.
- Various projects or support of various programs and events, as needed.