December 3, 2020: The City of Dallas, Dallas PD, and DART PD continue to collaborate with Downtown business partners to activate an enhanced enforcement initiative to provide increased and more visible patrols, enforce the ongoing juvenile curfew, and provide additional manpower to curtail speeding and street racing in Downtown and surrounding entertainment districts.
The enforcement initiative launched by the City of Dallas, Dallas PD, and DART PD, and with support from the Downtown business community, continues to make progress and will be in effect through the end of the year.
DPD began enforcing the juvenile curfew ordinance Labor Day weekend, which covers Deep Ellum, West End, Farmers Market, Uptown, Victory Park, and the Central Business District. The ordinance applies to juveniles under the age of 17 who are in a public place in the curfew area from 12:01 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday and from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on Sunday.
Downtown Dallas, Inc. and DPD continue the collaborative work to maintain the efforts of this initiative through open lines of communication and constant reassessment of the Downtown area. We have seen progress made towards our shared goals of keeping Downtown a safe place for all.
DPD has furthered their efforts in Downtown Dallas with:
- Officers patrolling utilizing the overhead cruise lights for visibility
- Increased high-visibility patrols by uniformed officers
- Deployment of plain clothes officers
Downtown Dallas, Inc. continues to observe, listen, and respond to the needs and concerns of Downtown. The below highlights are enhancements to DDI services that have already been implemented and will continue to keep Downtown safe:
- Daily hours for DDI Security are from 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. DDI is providing additional security coverage at Main Street Garden, Belo Garden, and Pegasus Plaza from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at each location.
- Dedicated off-duty DPD officer at Main Street Garden daily (four-hour shifts). As a reminder, DDI funds off-duty DPD officers seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- City of Dallas Park Department has increased their deployment of Park Rangers to provide additional patrols throughout Downtown parks.
- DDI has added 18 new full-time security professionals this year.
We appreciate our continued partnership with DPD. And remember, if you see something, say something! You can report non-emergency incidents through the See Say Now app, by texting a report to 972.440.1995, or by calling the dispatch number for DDI Security and Clean Team at 214.741.1151. Please dial 911 in the event of an emergency.