PHASE 2 – EXECUTIVE ORDER
Effective May 18
- Services provided by office workers in offices may reopen up to the greater of (i) 10 employees, or (ii) 25% of the workforce, provided employees maintain appropriate social distancing
- Massage establishments
- Tattoo studios, piercing studios, hair removal services and hair loss treatment and growth services
- Child-care services
Beginning Friday, May 22
- Restaurants may operate at up to 50% of the total listed occupancy (increased from 25%)
- Bars may open at up to 25% of the total listed occupancy
- Aquariums, natural caverns and similar facilities (excluding zoos) may open at up to 25% of the total listed occupancy
- Bowling alleys, bingo halls, simulcast racing, and skating rinks may operate at up to 25% of the total listed occupancy
- Rodeos and equestrian events may operate at up to 25 percent of the total listed occupancy
- Drive-in concerts, under guidelines that facilitate appropriate social distancing and generally require spectators to remain in their vehicles
- Amateur sporting events (i) at which there is no access to the general public allowed; and (ii) for which all participants have tested negative for COVID-19 prior to the event, are quarantined for the duration of the event, are temperature-checked and monitored for symptoms daily, and are tested again for COVID-19 at the end of the event
Beginning Friday, May 29
- Outdoor areas of zoos that operate at up to 25% of the normal operating limits as determined by the zoo owner
Beginning Sunday, May 31
- Professional basketball, baseball, softball, golf, tennis, football, and car racing events, with no spectators physically present on the premises of the venue, as approved on a league-by-league basis
- Youth camps
- Practices for youth sports programs, provided, however, that games and similar competitions may not begin until June 15
Beginning Monday, June 1
- Public school districts may offer on-campus summer school programs
- Private schools and institutions of higher education may reopen campuses
PHASE 1 – EXECUTIVE ORDER
Governor Greg Abbott has released new Executive Orders about the reopening of Texas. The Report is in sections, and each can be viewed by clicking the links below.
DDI continues to work with a variety of governmental and private stakeholders to ensure Downtown Dallas is a model for COVID response and recovery. If you own or operate a business in Downtown and have questions, or if DDI can support you, please let us know.
Click here to read the full report.
OPEN TEXAS CHECKLISTS
Additional details on reopenings and guidelines can be found at https://gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas.