Our friends at Uptown Dallas, Inc. produced this funny video to remind people about scooter etiquette, safety, and City ordinances. Check it out by clicking here!
Reminders and tips for safety and etiquette:
- Riding scooters on the sidewalk is not permitted in most of Downtown or Deep Ellum. See map here.
- Riders must be 18 years of age.
- One rider per scooter.
- While helmets are not required, they are strongly suggested for safety reasons.
- Scooters are not allowed in parks or on trails.
- When done riding, please park your scooter responsibly, working to avoid blocking sidewalks, doorways, or transit stops. BTW – our Clean Team works tirelessly to pick up scooters and move them when they are blocking sidewalks or entryways. Please tell them thank you when you see them.
For more information – visit City of Dallas dockless vehicles page.
DDI is a strong supporter of alternative mobility options like scooters and encourage riders to be courteous and follow these tips for safety. We also look forward to collaborating with the scooter companies and the City of Dallas on using ride data to inform our plans for additional protected bike lanes in Downtown.