The mission of the Downtown Dallas, Inc. Clean & Safe programs are to provide a well-managed and welcoming environment to stakeholders who frequent Downtown including; residents, building tenants, and tourists. The Clean Team ensures the Downtown public space and parks are clean and inviting environment for visitors, residents, and workers. The Downtown Safety Patrol provides a visible safety presence patrolling on foot and bicycle assisting the Dallas Police Department in addressing quality of life and crime issues.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the Clean Team and Downtown Safety Patrol programs by:
- Enhancing the perception and reality of a safe and clean Downtown
- Coordinating with Dallas Police Department and Crisis Intervention to help with quality of life issues
- Coordinate Clean Team personnel to address maintenance issues in Downtown Dallas
- Provide support for special events
- Provide direction and evaluation of Clean Team and the Downtown Safety Patrol program
- Monthly reporting for Board of Directors and stakeholders
- Management of budget and expenditure tracking
- Management of supply inventories
- Direct the Clean Team and Downtown Safety Patrol staff by:
- Coordinating recruitment and hiring of personnel
- Overseeing effective training for new hire personnel and refresher trainings for staff
- Ensure Clean Team and Safety Patrol officers are uniformed in a neat and presentable manner
- Develop and assign work schedules and deployment strategy
- Maintain records of tardiness, call-offs, and no shows
- Assess the need for employee discipline and implement when needed
- Develop and implement employee performance evaluation and employee rewards program
- Oversee the issue and maintenance of equipment; radios, bicycles, machines, vehicles, uniforms, etc.
- Attend meetings with Downtown business owners, managers, residents, and organizations
- Interface with City departments such as Sanitation, Streets, and DPARD
- Stay current on City of Dallas codes and ordinances
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience.
- Five years of work experience in project management, including supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good physical condition with the ability to pass physical fitness test and exam by licensed physician.
- Willing and able to walk, stand, and work in extremes of climate for an eight hour shift.
- Ability to work day and evening shifts, weekends.
- Knowledge of the greater Downtown Dallas area.
- Bilingual ability is desirable.
- Pass criminal background and drug test.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, the essential functions of the job.