Downtown Dallas, Inc. donated more than $2,000 for the Dallas Police Department’s Bait Car Program. Bait cars, equipped with cameras and tracking equipment act as theft deterrents. They’re used by law enforcement around the country. Bait cars have resulted in 245 arrests since the program began in Dallas in 2004.
Other donors include:
- Atmos Energy Corporation
- Electronic Tracking Systems
- Go Oak Cliff
- Phillip Huffines
- National Insurance Claims Bureau
- North Dallas Chamber of Commerce
- Northpark Neighborhood Association
- Safelite Auto Glass
- Stemmons Corridor Business Association
Donors have raised more than $23 thousand for the program.